Saturday, January 12, 2008

Old Man Magnet

I find myself asking, why is it that old ass dudes are always attracted to me. I have a friend who is the opposite, she's older and adores the young guys. Then I compare our personalities. She's a very out-going people person. On the other hand, I am more reserved (except at a party) and to myself. I find myself telling her to calm down sometimes. I have my Nana's spirit in me big time. I often hold my finger to my mouth and tell grown ass folks 'ssh' if I feel they are speaking too loud.

Aside from the personality, I do not have a geriatric swagger. What the hell is wrong with these men, I would not want to try and talk to someone who was just learning to walk while I was in my junior year of freaking High School! Another thing is the older guys have a been there done that mentality whereas they try to suck the youth out of you and make you just as old and miserable as them but without the fun.

I hope this year is a year of new beings in my life, who if I say 'I don't believe you, you need more people', they don't turn and look at me like, 'what? who are these people you speak of'.

4 comments:

Don said...

Jigga!

And you never know ... an older man might give you a run for your money. lol.

Anonymous said...

Bwahaha Hilarity, I love me some old dudes for reals... C+D runs our lives to such an extent that I think dudes need to take a crash course of a week in there before they UNDERSTAND what the fugg we are TALKING about

SexyVT123 said...

I sooooo feel you. Why do older men feel like we would be interested in somone like them? And why dont men in our age group not interested in us? I have the same problem and it bothers me to damn hell. Is it because we are not skinny stick figures walking around with our heads cut off? Is it that we are educated and know where the hell we going in life? Is it because I have a job that allows me to travel all around the world while you cant? Its so freaking annoying.

Julia_Claudine_Deveraux said...

*Cries at geriatric swagger*. The geriatric gigolo set gets a thrill out of me too. I'm not so offended by them as I am the homeless set. WTF does someone with no home need with a girlfriend?