Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Come on, Stephon



NEW YORK - Stephon Marbury rejoined the New York Knicks in Los Angeles on Wednesday, one day after skipping a game at Phoenix.

It’s unclear whether the star guard will play against the Clippers.

Earlier Tuesday, the team fined Marbury more than $180,000 for missing the Suns game, the latest clash between the disgruntled point guard and coach Isiah Thomas. The Knicks sent Marbury a letter informing him of the fine, according to a person with knowledge of the penalty who spoke to The Associated Press on Wednesday. He requested anonymity because he wasn’t authorized to discuss it. The Knicks would not confirm the fine.

According to the NBA’s collective bargaining agreement, players are docked 1/110th of their salaries for a missed game without a reasonable excuse. With Marbury scheduled to earn $20.1 million this season, that would be about $182,800. [SOURCE]

I'm not sure what the hell is going on here, but Isiah and Stephon need to kiss and make up. And I was just getting excited over their 2-1 record. Who knew 3 games later the Knicks would be dancing to Twilight Zone theme music.

6 comments:

Carolina said...

I saw this on the news this morning.So no one knows why he missed the game ?

Joi said...

Carolina, they are keeping it rather hushed mouth. Stephon pretty much said it was a dispute between him and Isiah.

breatnyS said...

New York Knicks

Good defense by the New York Knicks drama boys, if only we could patch up the difference, this will be a New York good season. They are running, switching in defense, rebounding see those efforts. We don't have yet the Knicks team down.

I which I could see some Knicks games live. I was looking for tickets all the good seats on ticketmaster were taken I had to check broker. And man you don’t want to do that especially for the New York Knicks. Thanks god there sites like Ticketwood which work as comparators here is the site
Knicks Tickets
http://www.ticketwood.com/nba/NewYork-Knicks-Tickets/index.php

I like slam dunks that take me to the hoop my favorite play is the ally-hoop,
I like the pic n roll,i like the given goal its basketball yo, yo lets go!
Go Knicks Go!!!

S.K. said...

Starbury is wack!!

NBA= National Bish Association.


and not like the cool bish I see in the mirror when I brush my teeth.

Ticia said...

He is a fine man!!!

Dr. Diesel will take him!!

Lay on my chest baby... I will rub the pain away!!

Don said...

R u a Knicks fan? Diehard Knick fan here.

They need to fire Isiah, trade Marbury, and put David Lee in the starting lineup ASAP!