Friday, December 7, 2007

Naturally Twisted




I have been on a five year natural hair journey. Above are the products I've used to help me through the rocky road. Organic Lock and Twist gel has been my product from the beginning. I use it for hold and shine when I double strand twist my hair. If interested you should be able to find this product at your local beauty supply or drug store.

I came across the Cantu line over the summer and loved it. It leaves my hair soft and very manageable. I have only used the products shown above, but the line has many more products. The leave-in-conditioner allows me to wash and go without worrying about combing through a Brillo pad the next day. This product may also be found at local beauty supply or drug store.

Lastly, I have included Carol's Daughter Loc Butter. I use this in conjunction with the Organic Lock and Twist Gel for added shine and hold. The citrus oils provide a nice natural smell also. Visit Carol's Daughter for this product and other great natural products for your hair.

I'd love to hear any new or old products that my fellow natural hair sisters are using to style their tresses. Please feel free to include in the comment section.

4 comments:

nonotthejacket said...

Thanks for the tips! As you already know, I'm in transition at the moment. Next week will mark my 3rd month relaxer-free. I'm definitely going to look at the Cantu products, and the Organic Loc & Twist gel, because it's time to look for products that will work with my new growth. I'll definitely let you know if I find anything else!

Unknown said...

Hey ME!
I've been natural since June 8th of this year, and I have my products that I can't live without. LOL! They are:

- Elasta QP Mango Butter for my ends
- Jamaica Mango & Lime Locking Creme Wax for my two-strand twists
- shea butter and olive oil shampoo that I buy from my local co-op
- Creme of Nature detangling shampoo
- all sorts of Avlon KeraCare products *whispers* I got the hook up through my auntie. LOL!
- SoftSheen-Carson BreakThru shampoo and conditioner
- Queen Helene cholesterol conditioner

Joan Lynn Clayton said...

Me my hair isn't natural but I am picky about my hair products. My hair is very thick and I don't perm it alot. I like the profectiv products, like the leave in strengthner, & moisturizer. They tend to have more natural ingrediants in them and little to no mineral oil or glycerin. Keracare's conditioner is great for softening and detangling. I use John Frieda's freeze ease to smooth my down my hair cuticles. Also, I love 911's daily leave in conditioner.

Afrobella.com has a great natural & beauty site and motowngirl.com also does alot of product reviews for natural hair.

MIA Shawn

A Random Nappy said...

I might have to give the Cantu a try...I always bass it by @ the store...How is that CD?