Monday, June 11, 2007

Baby Shower



This weekend was a whirlwind of activity. I had the joy of planning my big sis's baby shower. It was an honor to see the results of months of planning. It was a nice turn out and I got to mingle with family and friends. Although some fam I can do without mingling with ever! Brother of my dad you know who you are if your brain cells ever allow you to wander over to my world. Anyway, the music was cool, the food was delish, and the CAKE...Now let me take a moment from this post to plug the hell out of yet another Brooklyn hot spot. I ordered the cake from Lord's bakery and it was scrumptious and extremely pretty. I went behind the bar to make one drink and ended up being the designated bartender. So my only woe is that I didn't get a pic to my knowledge of me and my sis. I am happy the day has come and gone, and now our family awaits the most blessed day of all, when the new bundle of joy is born.

7 comments:

elainebknyc said...

You did a wonderful job with the shower! Your sis looked very happy and I know she appreciated all your hard work very much. I wish you two would have gotten a pic together, but I know there will be plenty of pic of u, her, and noodles in the future! I so can't wait to meet her!

nina76 said...

I appreciate all that was done to create this beautiful shower. There are really no words to describe how greatful I am for everything. It's so good to be LOVED!!!!!!!! lol. I luv the decorations, gifts, cake, etc....As far as the pics I know that my sis will be taking numerous pics with her niece as soon as she arrives, so I'm not too worried bout that. So I send much luv to ya sis!!!

Mail Order Girlfriend said...

I got my parent's anniversary cake from Lord's. It looked very pretty but I have to admit it was dry. That was the first cake I ever got from them, I usually go to Conrad's if I need a cake (when doing the West Indian route) but I found this bakery by my house (yt owned) called Teena's. Pretty good stuff there too.

Congrats on your sis being a mommy and you being an auntie. Much luck to her.

Julia_Claudine_Deveraux said...

That cake is really gorgeous. Sounds like you did a wonderful job with the shower. Congrats to your sis with her new baby.

Joi said...

Thank you ladies.

Actually Ms. Grenada (lol) the cake was really good. I didn't find it dry at all. I love Conrad's pastries but I can so do without the sucky service.

Thanks Jules, it was really nice and I'm glad the stressful planning shower phase is over.

Anonymous said...

That cake is too damn cute!!! Aww you so sweet joi, I always wanted a sister,those funky ass brothers of mine would've stick a rattle on a twinkie and call it a day....

SexyVT123 said...

Yes you did a great job with the shower and the Cake was the highlight for me. Do you got anymore? lol I cant wait to see my lil god child. She is going to be spoiled rotten.