Sunday, October 14, 2007

Tyler Delivers Again


My friends and I went to see Tyler Perry's new movie, Why Did I Get Married. Let me first mention that Tyler is number one at the box office today, grossing $22.3 million according to Fandango.com. Yay Madea! I found the movie to be very entertaining. I don't want to give anything away for those who have yet to see it. I did enjoy Jill Scott's character and the obnoxiousness of Tasha Smith's character. The movie shows the dynamics of what often breaks marriages and what should or could be done to avoid divorce. In some cases, the marriage cannot be saved at all! This movie is a great opportunity for a sister girl night out. It's also a very therapeutic movie for couples to enjoy too. So if you have yet to support Mr. Perry, please do, you will be thoroughly entertained.

6 comments:

70ssoulchild said...

Thanks for the review. Hubby and I plan to see it. I'm curious to see Janet in a dramatic role again. The last one I remember was Poetic Justice.

af said...

i def need to go see this movie, 1st ever visit to ur blog, me likey!

oh and make it so that ur comment box will pop up

SexyVT123 said...

This movie was so good I had to see it twice

Joan Lynn Clayton said...

I finally saw the movie. I enjoyed it! But why the actor that played Troy (also played Mona's boyfriend on half and half, and a evil attorney on As the world turns) was looking so good. I was looking at him the way I first looked at fine azz Ricky(sexual chocolate named Morris Chestnut) in Boyz in the Hood.

Joi said...

Mia would that be the crazy woman's husband? When he came out the bathroom in his underwear I raised out of my seat. lol.

70ssoulchild said...

LOL @ Joi reaction to Michael Jai White! I saw it with my hubby this weekend and want to see it again. Shoot, all the women in the theater were like oh my when that part came up..me included.

It's Tyler's best movie thus far. Excellent story and positive message. I laughed and cried. Tasha Smith's character kept it interesting that's for sure.