Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Miami Carnival 2k7




I had the joy and splendor of going to Miami for Carnival this year with my two friends. I love Miami's Carnival, because unlike New York you can drink your rum and jump behind any truck without literally jumping over barricades.

I arrived on Friday and instantly got my Wet Willie's fix. I didn't recall Call the Cab tasting like a frozen NyQuil but it did. So I ordered a Triple Play and was right as rain afterwards. We attempted to go to a dancehall party but the busters were overcharging at the door as usual so we ended up going to 10 to 10. 10 to 10 is a stage show/fete that goes from 10 in the night until 10 in the morning. The party was sweet, with exception to the harsh rain showers. Fine men were in abundance and my eyes were having a good time. As the rain came down we danced to the sweet tunes of Burning Flames, Iwer George and finally Machel Montano.

Saturday I linked up with a fellow Crunkster, which is the fab and oh so adorable Q! An oncoming rain shower shortened our beach time, so we hit up Ocean Drive. We all went to Mangos where this one Gwen Stephanie look alike stole the show. We all left Mangos feeling lovely, I had an extremely strong Mojito. Some random dude on the strip offered to take our pic, though my skeptical ass was wondering if he would make a mad dash with my camera. lol.

Sunday we headed to Carnival, but not as quick as Mr. Zestilicious. The only wack part about Miami's Carnival is the $20 admission into the park. I'm used to rolling up on Eastern Parkway free of charge. Once we were in our comfort zone onlooking the festivities, Mr. Zestilicious was determined to steal the show. He literally posed for the camera now click click click
This dude clearly made my day. But he wasn't the only diva to steal the show. She was too cute.

The song that owned the road for me was Ricky T's, Pressure Boom. Nothing but bad behavior came from me this weekend as that song played. Other hot tunes were Patrice Robert's Wuking Up and Machel's Whining Season. We took in some more fine men and left early to get ready for Jabba's Strike Back party.

Jabba's party was the bomb, and I was mad as hell I had to leave early in order to catch the flight I eventually missed. Yeah no need to go into that because this post is only about good times spent in Miami.

2 comments:

70ssoulchild said...

Wow beautiful, vibrant pictures. That's my kind of vacation! Mr. Zestilicous's boots are killing me softly.

Lil Diva is too cute! Glad you had a great time that's what life is all about..making memories and being able to live to tell about it.

S.K. said...

I

AM

Jealous!!!


NY carnival was soo wack this year, but I did get to see you in person. p.s. I'm Jealous!!